11. Technician A says that a rough cut should be used to
remove a small amount of metal from the rotor.
Technician B says that a rough cut should not be used
to make a final finish on the rotor surface. Who is
(A) A only.
(B) B only.
(C) Both A & B
(D) Neither A nor B.
12. The cutting depth is set by the ______.
(A) cutter feed
(B) speed feed
(C) numbered collar
(D) cutting bits
13. Hot spots are caused by __________ overheating.
(D) swirl grinder
14. The swirl grinder puts a non-directional finish on the
(A) pad lining
(D) Both A & B.
15. When would the technician want to use an on-car
(A) When the rotors are too hot to remove.
(B) When the bench lathe is being used.
(C) When the rotors are pressed to the CV shaft.
(D) On a non-drive axle only.
Chapter 13 Disc Brake Service 229