126 Graphic Communications
After studying this chapter, you will be able to:
• Identify different computer platforms.
• Explain the characteristics of different types of
• Differentiate between various output devices.
• Explain the processes used in text and graphics
• Summarize the features of page composition
• Identify the techniques used in creating digital
design fi les.
• Explain the proofreading process.
• Explain the prefl ighting process.
• Compare types of production proofs.
• Explain digital prepress workfl ow.