Information in this chapter will enable you to:
• Know where to fi nd codes and authorities
for an installation.
• Recognize the marks of the most popular
• List the different conductor systems used in
residential and light commercial wiring.
• Explain the basics of conduit bending.
• Become familiar with the many different
types of raceway systems.
Electrical Codes and
There are many different methods of
providing electricity to the occupants of a
modern residence. You will learn about the
various types of conductors, devices, and proce-
dures available to use and those that cannot be
used. Before selecting any of these systems, you
should be aware of the agencies and codes that
ensure the materials and procedures you use
are safe and reliable.
Armored cable (AC)
Liquidtight fl exible
metal conduit (LFMC)
chloride conduit (PVC)